Euroculture M.A. programme
under Erasmus Mundus
Department of Sociology, S.P.P.U. has an agreement with the consortium of various universities for Euroculture M.A. programme under Erasmus Mundus. The course is titled “Euroculture: Society, Politics and Culture in a Global Context” follow the Euroculture MA programme.
In this consortium following Universities from the European Union are members:
- Universidad de Deusto, Spain
- Georg-August_Universitst Gottingen/Georg-August-Universitst Gottingen Stiftung Offentlichen Rechts, Germany
- Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, The Netherlands
- Universytet Jagiellonski W Krakowie, Poland
- Univerzita Palackeho v Olomouci, Czech Republic
- Uppsala Universitet, Sweden
- Universite de Strasbourg, France
- Universita degli Studi di Udine, Italy
Following Universities are Third Country Partners:
- Osaka University, Japan
- Savitribai Phule Pune University, India
- Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico
- Indiana University Purudue University Indianapolis, U.S.
This specialized programme is open to a selected group of upto five ‘European Students’. The students are enrolled at the Department of Sociology in Savitribai Phule Pune University for one semester of 25 ECTS. The students get opportunity to get familiar with Indian scholarship and culture with an emphasis on how Indians perceive and have perceived Europe. The course comprises Research Track, Field Based Learning, Project Work, seminars and a course of free choice (ongoing MA courses). Every year students arrive at Savitribai Phule Pune University in August and attend classes and conduct research till November. Euroculture students are encouraged to learn through group work with students at Savitribai Phule Pune University and informal opportunities are provided to mix with the peer group and assimilate in Indian culture.