The prime goal of the Department is to promote the study of Pali
language and to propagate the scientific and rational teachings
of the Lord Buddha among the masses.
Our Vision :
- The vision of the Department is to develop an advanced centre of teaching and research in the languages related to Buddhism such as Pali, Buddhist Sanskrit, Apabhramsha, Tibetan and Chinese and allied interdisciplinary areas.
- To become a leading centre of Buddhist learning, providing guidance to leadership based on the development of wisdom and inculcation of moral values.
Our Objectives :
- Objectives of the Department are to enable students and scholars to study and do research on linguistic, literary, philosophical, doctrinal, ethical, psychological, scientific, historical, political and socio-cultural aspects of Buddhism.
- To promote study of languages related to Buddhism and overall Buddhist culture.
- To encourage collaborative study and research in Buddhist Studies within and without the jurisdiction of the University.
- To offer a forum for international discussions and to organize lectures, workshops and symposia, where research methodologies and findings can be presented and exchanged.
- To promote indigenous research in this field by creating a new batch of researchers by undertaking various research projects.
- To develop and coordinate academic resources on Buddhism in three focus areas: teaching, research and academic exchange/public outreach.
- To engage in extension activities and community service through Buddhism.
University of Pune. All Rights