During the present academic year the Department
has taken several measures for the strengthen of Pali and
studies they are as follows :
1. Signing up of an Mou with Nava Nalanda Mahavihara Nalanda,
Bihar, which is leading institution working
in the field of Buddhist Studies
2. Initiating Pali training for UPSC examination in competitive
examination centre in Pune and Yashda, Pune
3. Organizing recitation of Buddhist scriptures from six
different traditions of India, Brahma, Thailand, Srilanka,
Koreia and Viyetnam
4. establishing the departmental library containing basic books
on Buddhism with the help of UPE grant
5. Arranging a special lecture series under Distinguished
Visitorís Scheme under UPE
6. Organizing a two days International Seminar on the status of
Pali and Buddhist studies in India
Memorandum of Understanding:
To make our presence felt in the field of Buddhist Studies globally, and to provide ample opportunities to our students and faculty members to acquaint themselves with the worldwide development in the field of Pali and Buddhist Studies, the department through the SPPU has signed MoUís with major Universities in India and abroad. The MoUís offers following facilities to our students and faculty members:
- Exchange of students
- The exchange of teaching and research staff
- Exchange of academic material, publications and information
- Collaborative research projects and joint seminar and symposia
- Other activities contributing to the development of academic and educational exchange between the two Universities, mutually agreed upon by both the parties.
List of MoUís
Nava Nalanda Mahavihara, Deemed University, Nalanda, Bihar.
Kanazawa University, Japan
Central University of Tibetan Studies, Sarnath, Varanasi.
Thammasat University, 2, Prachan Road, Pranakorn, Bangkok 10200, Thailand
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Research and Training Institute, Pune, Autonomous institution of Government of Maharashtra
Dharma Drum Buddhist College, Taiwan Salisbury University, USA.
MoU's in Pipeline:
Copenhagen University, Denmark
Collaborative Academic Activities:
- Department runs Bi-annual Study Abroad Program for the graduate students of Salisbury University, USA. Department also provides academic support to the foreign casual students.
- As a precursor to the proposed MoU with the University of Copenhagen, the Department organized a special course on Buddhist Medical Tradition from January to April 2014 under the guidance of Prof. K. Zysk, Department of Cross Cultural Studies, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- The scholars from the leading University of the world have regularly conducted intensive workshops on different themes related to Pali and Buddhist Studies. Notable among them are Prof. Asanga Tilakaratne (University of Colombo, Sri Lanka) , Prof. Ven. K. L. Dhammajoti (HKU, Hong Kong), Prof. Albert Hanish (University of Humburg, Germany), Late Prof. Michel Hahn, Prof. Emeritus, University of Marburg, Prof. Tosichi Endo, HKU, Hong Kong, Prof. Emeritus Y. Karunadassa, HKU, Hong Kong, Ven. Dhammadiapa, Czech Republic, Ven. Khytenese Rinpoche, Bhutan, Maraco Franchiskini, University of Bolini, Italy, Prof. Emeritus Ashok Aklujkar, University of British Columbia, Canada, Prof. Akira Saito, Tokyo University, Japan, Prof. N. Naguchi, University of Kanazawa, Japan, Prof. K. T. S. Sarao (UoD, Delhi), Prof. Angraj C. (VRI), Prof. A. P. Jamkhedkar (K J Somiya Centre for South and South East Studies), Prof. Meena Talim, Prof. M. G. Dhadhphale (BORI, Pune), Prof. Ram Shankar Tripathi (CUTS, Varanasi), Prof. Radhavallabha Tripathi (Centre for Advance Study, Shimla), Prof. L. N. Shastri (CUTS, Varanasi), Prof. Geshe Dorji Damdul (Director, Tibet House).
University of Pune. All Rights