The Internal Complaint Committee in the Savitribai Phule Pune University is constituted in 2014 according to ‘The Sexual Harassment at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013’. Along with this Act, the ICC seeks to adhere to the spirit of Vishakha guidelines preceding this legislation in order to address the issue of sexual harassment at workplace for ensuring gender equality. The ICC aims to look into the complaints of sexual harassment in the establishment and also to generate awareness about the issue. The Act has outlined the constitution of the committees, the process to be followed for making a complaint and conducting inquiry into the complaint in a time bound manner.
Members of the Internal Complaint Committee at Savitribai Phule Pune University :
- Prof. Sujata Bhargav – (Presiding Officer) Department of Botany
- Prof. Manohar Jadhav (Member) - Department of Marathi
- Prof. Anjali Kurane (Member) - Department of Anthropology
- B. D. Udhane (Member) - Law Expert
- Prof. Durgambini Patel - (Member) Department of Law
- S. I. Shaikh - (Member) Finance and Account Section
- Kiran Moghe - (Member) - Outside Expert
- (Administrating Coordinating Office) - Dr. Anagha Tambe , KSP Women’s
What is Sexual Harassment?
An act of sexual harassment includes any one or more of the unwelcome acts or behaviour, whether directly or by implication:
- Physical contact and advances; or
- A demand or request for sexual favours; or
- Making sexual coloured remarks; or
- Showing pornography; or
- Any unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.
The following circumstances, among other circumstances, if it occur or are present in relation to or connected with any act or behaviour of sexual harassment, may also amount to sexual harassment;
- Implied or explicit promise of preferential treatment in her employment; or
- Implied or explicit threat of detrimental treatment in her employment; or
- Implied or explicit threat about her present or future employment status; or
- Interference with her work or creating and intimidating or offensive or hostile work environment for her; or
- Humiliating treatment likely to affect her health or safety.
Savitribai Phule Pune University. All Rights Reserved.