1. Fees charged for International Student is five times the fees
of Indian Student.
2. Provisional admission is not a guarantee for Final admission.
3. Registration Fees (Eligibility + Entrance) is non-refundable.
4. Students who are particular about specific college for
UNDERGRADUATE course should come well in advance.
5. The University Departments have the credit system and all
classes begin in July/August. So students who desire admission
University department should report to the
International Center, University of Pune in July or before 31st
6. This instruction is for International Students who have
passed the qualifying examination from outside of India and
"Students Visa" for admission to various general courses and
courses in the Faculties of Management and Pharmaceutical
For such students, the admissions have been centralized
and it is the office of the Director, International Center,
which will issue the
letter of Admission provisional as well as firm, as per
the procedure and the rules laid down in this regard. Fresh
Students are required to pay Registration fees in
addition to other Fee (Application form and Eligibility fees).
7. For Postgraduate and Research degree (M.Phil./ Ph.D. Courses)
in the faculties other than Medicine, Engineering, Management
Admissions to all the postgraduate courses being offered in
the P.G. Centers have been centralized & admission letters to
International Students shall be issued by the Office of the
Director, International Center. In other words, Principals of
where PG centers are located shall not grant admission to
International students directly. An International student
undertake M.Phil./ Ph.D. or any other research degree in the
University of Pune or any other affiliated college or institute
the university of Pune, MUST have prior security clearance
from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi and
BE on "RESEARCH" visa endorsed to University of Pune only.
Once an international student has taken admission in a particular
College/ Institution he/ she shall not be allowed to change the
College/ Institution if the name of that College/ Institution is
endorsed/mentioned in the students Visa. In other words, he/ she
required to study in the College/ Institution which is mentioned in
the students Visa. In special circumstances, an International
seeking a transfer from one college to another, must apply to the
International Centre for such a transfer with NO OBJECTION
from the Principal of the College where he was originally admitted
and an ACCEPTANCE LETTER from the Principal of the college
where he wishes to join. The student can join the new college only
after he/ she is issued a TRANSFER LETTER by the International
Centre. Fees charged is: Click here for fees details.
9. Admission of International Students other than FRESH and
MIGRATING International Students.
All International Students who are already registered under
University of Pune and want to continue their next degree under
of Pune will have to pay fees. Click here for fees details.
10. International Students who are not registered with the
International Centre shall not be permitted to appear at the
11. See instructions for English Proficiency Test (EPT) : Click
here for EPT details.
12. The student must always read the Notices/ circulars put up
on the NOTICE BOARD of the college/ Department/ Institution
and the University.
13. Regarding information about admissions to medical courses
please contact “ Directorate of Medical Education & Research”.
Their contact numbers are:
022 2262 0361/65
022 2265 2257/59
Fax - 022 2262 0652
Further this is to inform you that undergraduate
medical courses are affiliated to Maharashtra University of
Health Sciences, Nasik,
Maharashtra State. Please visit www.muhsnasik.com
for further details.
14. Admission to professional courses are centralized and
controlled by the Government of Maharashtra. The International
therefore, would have to approach "The
Directorate of Technical Education/ Medical Education" on the
address stated below.
The Directorate of Technical Education,
Government of Maharashtra,
The Directorate of Medical Education & Research
Government of Maharashtra,
3, Mahapalika Marg,
P.O.Box No. 1967,
Mumbai 400 001
Dental College Building,
St. George Hospital Compound,
Mumbai 400 001
The information provided above in general and under
this chapter, in particular, is subject to change without
15. IMPORTANT : After admission is given by the State
Government, the International Student will have to approach
International Students Centre,
University of Pune,
Pune – 411007.
16. Police Registration: The student should Register in Police
Station within 14 days of his/her arrival failing which he will
17. The student should note that his admission stands
automatically cancelled if :
1. He/ She fails to obtain long term Student/ Research Visa
in the name of the University of Pune only from the Indian
Embassy in his/ her country on the basis of the letter of
2. He/ She fails to produce Original Statement of marks/
Grade point average certificate of the last qualifying
at the time of admission.
3. He/ She fails to appear and pass the proficiency test in
English, entrance and other tests where-ever prescribed.
4. He/ She is found to be medically unfit.
5. He/ She fails to fulfill any condition of eligibility.