We are pioneers in
educational technology research for visually challenged in India.
One of our objectives is
to work out on critical educational problems of visually challenged
and provide them educational and work place solution by developing assistive
technology and accessible study material for higher education.
The centre was inaugurated on 10th February, 2008.
From the day one, we have undertaken research project with available resources, funding and man power on the centre level.
Following projects are initiated at the centre:
- Development of website of Advanced Technology Blind Student's Learning Center.
- Study of Education and career prospective in science and technology for visually challenged
- Development of Course management system
- Accessibility of University Web services for persons with disabilities.
- Accessibility of GNOME Desktop for persons with disabilities.
- Accessibility of Computer Science Education for visually chalange students.
- Accessibility of Paramedical Education for visually challanged students.
- Study of challenges of Educational Institution for the use free & open source software.
- Development of on line library system for visually challenged students.
- Comparative study of screen readers.
- Current educational status of visually challenged students in Pune university jurisdiction
- Study of rights of visually challenged people in Indian and international Scenario.
- Development of Teaching Materials and Methods in science education for Persons with Visual Impairment.