Mr. Dhananjay Bhole
- Mr. Dhananjay Bhole has an experience of setting up an advanced computer training and research centre, its administration, development and strategic planning, academic events management, coordination of assistive technology training program and accessibility research programs at university of Pune.
- He has In-dept knowledge of accessible computing and assistive technology development for persons with visual disabilities.
- He has an experience of Suitable job identification for students with visual disabilities, use of assistive technologies, job oriented training, work place accessibility, career counseling and their placement, in corporate , government and non government organizations.
- He is one of the founders of Advanced Technology Blind Student’s Learning Centre at university of Pune.
- He initiated several important projects for welfare of education of visually challenged at the Centre.
- Set up a special learning lab for people with visual impairment.
- Started accessibility research group at the centre.
- Enhancement of accessibility of gnome desktop for visually challenged
- Accessibility of university of Pune web services for people with disabilities.
- Accessibility of science and technology education for students with visual impairment.
- Designed and introduced a special computer training course in university of Pune (certificate in basic computing and assistive technology learning) for visually challenged college students.
- Guided 20 post graduate students of computer application, education, social sciences and law for their academic projects at the centre.
- Drafted policy and guideline for persons with disabilities for university of Pune and North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon.
- M.Sc. (Bioinformatics) from Bioinformatics Centre, University of Pune
- M.B.A. (HR) from Department of Management Studies, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon.
- B.Sc. (Botany) from P. O. Nahata College, Bhusawal Affiliated to North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon.
- Sangit Sangit Visharad (Tabla) from “Akhil Bhartiya Gandharva Mahavidyalay Mandal, Mumbai”.
- First visually challenged student in the asia who has done B.Sc. (Botany) and a postgraduate degree in Bioinformatics.
- "Vocational excellence award 2010" by rotary club of Poona given to persons with disabilities having exceptional abilities
- Sanjeev Sonavane, Dhananjay Bhole, Gita Kamble, development of ICT based Support services and facilities for people with visual disabilities at university of Pune, symbiosis international conference (SICODL2011) conference preceding
- Dhananjay Bhole, Shrirang Sahasrabudhe, Vivek Gaikwad, Sanjeev Sonavane, Attaining accessible web presence, our experiences
- Shrirang Sahasrabudhe, Jayant Mahajan, Dhananjay Bhole, explored ORCA as an alternative for commercial screen readers, Accessibility Reaching Everywhere – AEGIS Workshop and International Conference – Brussels, Belgium 28-30 November 2011
Memberships and affiliation:
- Student member, “International society for Computational Biology”, (ISCB) San Diego, USA.
- Professional member, association of computing machinery, (ACM) Newark, USA.
- Student member, IEEE computer society
- Associate member: Computer Society of India, (CSI) Pune Chapter.
- Member, National association of software and service companies (NASSCOM) immerged forams, India.
- Associate fellow, free software foundation of India, (FSFI) Thiruvananthapuram.
- Life member: “National Association for the Blinds”, (NAB) Jalgaon branch, India.
- Member of expert committee for persons with disabilities, university of Pune and North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon.
- Worked as a Member of placement committee, Department of Management Studies, North Maharashtra University Jalgaon during 2004-2005.
- Executive member "national society for disabled welfare and rehabilitation"
- Body member, third eye association, Nashik.
Contribution in Seminar/conferences/symposia:
- Convener of 2-day state level Linux training workshop for visually challenged organized by Advanced Technology Blind Student’s Learning Centre, university of Pune in March 2010.
- Key note speaker, “symposium on inclusive education for people with disabilities” organized by academy of education, Maharashtra institute of technology, Pune on February 2011.
- Represented university of Pune in the international conference on “enabling access to education through information and communication technology” organized by UNESCO and CIS in October 2010.
- Participated a national level workshop on “web accessibility” organized by W3c and yahoo india on 11 december 2010.
- Participated in science day exhibition organized by Bioinformatics centre, university of Pune in Feb ’07 and gave a demo on significance of ball and stick molecular modeling kit in molecular biology study.
- Attended national level 5 day workshop on knowledge discovery: tools and techniques in bioinformatics Jan-Feb 2007 organized by Bioinformatics centre, university of Pune.
- Participated in the workshop on intellectual property rights and patent awareness organized by School of life sciences, Jalgaon in March 2004.
- Visiting research fellow at Anuyash Diabetic clinic and research centre, Jalgaon from September 2007.
- Visiting faculty of bioinformatics for B.Sc. and M.Sc. bio sciences in various colleges of North Maharashtra university jurisdiction from January 2008 to till date.
- Consultant for diversity and inclusivity planning, bajaj alliance, Pune.
- Assisted North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon, Vidyaverdhini college, Dhule Ahamadnagar college and Third eye association, Nasik for establishment of Support service unit with special computer lab for visually challenged.
- Trained over 50 visually challenged people for the use of computer aided assistive devices and Rehabilitated 10 of them by helping in employment in banking, private and government sector.
- Organized several awareness programs, and delivered several lectures on education and career of visually challenged. In various schools and colleges of Pune university jurisdiction and North Maharashtra university jurisdiction.
- Volunteer of NSS for NSS unit P. O. Nahata College, Bhusawal during 2001 to 2003.
- Led a ten-day botanical excursion tour in Sahyadri Ghat and Konkan region organized by Department of botany, P. O. Nahata College, Bhusawal in December 2002.
- Accessible computing, software project management, diversity and inclusivity planning, Personal Management and Career Development, Molecular sequence analysis, Comparative Genomics and Proteomics, etc.
- Date of birth: 8 April 1981
- Marital status: single.
- Languages known: Marathi, Hindi, English, etc.
- Office Address:Coordinator, Advanced Technology Blind Students Learning Centre, Department of Education and Extension, University of Pune, Ganesh Khind Pune 411007, India.Pin 411007 .
- Residence:3/5 B wing,Karan Jaymala residency, old Sangvi,Pune, Ms India.Pin 411028.
- E-mail: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.orgReferences will be provided if required. Place: Pune (Signature) Mr. Dhananjay R. Bhole